Looking again at that tree it doesn't look to be all that large, any chance of setting a bull rope into the crotch near the top? You can make a...
I've done many like that, but that's the key......a tree like that one takes some experience. Woodwhore's reference pic is a good illustration of...
I like using the chainsaw to "split" those rounds....;)
Learning is one thing, heck even at 44 I feel every joint in my body after a climb!
If they stand too long, they'll go punky. Three to five years, from what I'm finding. They aren't like oak trees, which after losing their bark...
Absolutely devastating. Here's some pics of a huge 40+" ash we did back in the fall. Most ash trees we do look like this. It's unreal........
Great pic buddy, you've got a beautiful family. Hope to see you guys again at one of the upcoming GTG's.....
Oh and you can buy TWO 355T's for the price of ONE MS200T.....
Haven't ran a 330, really the only thing that "spooked" me from it was the seemingly tiny bar mount screws..... The price difference wasn't...
From what little it ran, the saw sounds pretty wicked now... I didn't go too radical, but I did open up the muffler some, these things are choked...
I had my Echo CS355T and Blacksmith had his recently aquired Stihl MS200T.... After running his Ms200T, I now have the urge and desire to get my...
More pics of blacksmith doing some wind-walking! [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Look at the roostertail of saw chips in this pic.....I thought that was...
It's been a while since I posted any of our tree work, usually we just get too busy to take any pics.....but it was nice and warm yesterday, and...
Saw ran great till I ran it out of gas one time last summer (while it was in a cut), refueled it and started it, falls flat on its face under...
Lucky bastages......it's dreary and so king wet here.......I'm getting sick of it!!
Great looking couple, hope you had a great time.... You deserve a good night out!
What an amazingly warm February day it was yesterday here too, blacksmith and I did two ash tree removals yesterday and we were in sweatshirts, I...
Yep.....we were high in the trees today....[ATTACH]
I'm planning on building a big version like these sometime this spring for my parents' above ground pool.....so we can opening earlier in the...
In 4 weeks or so, it'll really start feeling like spring here in our area..... We have a month or so of cold, but when the sun comes out, you can...