We ususally put the taps out presidents day weekend, but this unseasonably warm weather may cheat us. I have doubts that the trees will hold the...
Today we skidded and loaded up the logs we kept, there were two 17 foot ash logs (gonna use them for new, tapered tipi poles), an 8' ash log and...
We actually skidded and loaded those logs today and hauled them down to Tony's mill......
Yep that's how I do it.....I call it my redneck ruler
:eek::bug::jaw::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:
Pretty cool Grizz!!
Looking good, every bit helps!
Not always, we've given a lot away, and sometimes sell a load or two.....if I kept it all, I'd literally be buried in wood....
We rent one from time to time, when it's needed......I have a good friend who owns a 60 foot. Hi-Ranger
I use my arm, similar method. I usually can guesstimate them pretty close....
blacksmith and I took care of three more trees at a big job we're working, one of which was an 80' ash that was intertwined amongst some sugar...
Here's one around 50' up last weekend, sporting my FHC "Lumberjack" shirt.... [ATTACH] Here's one from today, same location, this time over 60'...
Elm? Sounds like.....fun.......lol It'll make good firewood, but you're probably gonna earn it! Sharpen up your chain good, noodle those pieces...
Me likey!! I've got too many projects that need attention right now (complete McCulloch BP1, bearings and seals for my 064, bearings and seals...
Looks a lot like black gum (tupelo) to me. At first I was kinda thinking young sugar maple, but the bark ain't right for a young tree. If it's...
Looks like some kind of conifer.....
That's some primo stuff there, Chief! Great day to cut, too!
Very cool, Sparky!
[ATTACH]
:rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol: Maybe BOTH....