The bottom line is the price is right, and they're both good woods.....so go get 'em!
TurboDiesel's brother BrianK used to burn them in his Woodstock, I think he had good luck with them. The key is controlling the intake air.
Be careful, get some pics! If you was closer I'd be there helping ya!
Definitely red maple, good stuff!!
Maybe......wait til I add an old car alternator and a couple LED spotlights to the splitter setup......
Well, the 10 dollar chinese replacement carburetor arrived today, I installed and tuned it, saw runs like a dream and cuts like an animal...
Sorry, buddy....:emb:
I started splitting my fall/winter horde this past weekend. Mostly oak, Hickory, ash, sugar maple, with some apple and plum. There's around 7-8...
It's just too warm here, I usually tap presidents day weekend but it's supposed to be up near 70 this week. Unreal. If it doest cool down...
The entire pile is being split into smaller stuff, and will go into storage in the barn for cooking and smoking. I have a giant apple tree to...
I use a plastic recycling bin out in the garage for storing my cedar kindling. I split it into 1" thick "boards", store them in the loft of the...
I use plastic barbed spiles by U.S. Maple, I started out using the ones blacksmith mentioned.....
Good guesses on my pic, everyone..... It's actually plum. Biggest plum tree I've ever cut down, blacksmith and I cut that one down back in...
Any guesses as to what wood I split today? I know what it is, take a look and see if you can guess.... [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] The...
Welcome to the club, MO. Wood!
Looks like sassy to me as well
It was 1/8" stainless sheet, TIG-WELDED together. Pan weighs around 70lbs empty....lol
No blower yet, but I'm considering it. It fires so hard with the side drafts open that it thunders..... I considered getting an old oil furnace...
When the fire is kept full tilt and stoked hard, it can boil around 35-40 GPH. The stove is an old 275gal oil tank turned on its side, the pan is...
Thanks, my friend! It's just what we do.......