I know that 15-16 saws with 16" bars is enough...
Nice. When are you going to start a build thread? :yes:
Clammys are a challenge because the bearings are the floor of the lower transfers so there is no grinding there to open them up, hence the piston...
Keep in mind, if this was a saw I cared about, my used 241 if I kept it, the 543xp...I wouldn't be hacking away at their pistons like this.
Experimenting on these cheap saws is a great way to see what works without wrecking your wallet or a nice quality oem saw.
The cut outs in the skirt, in my mind, facilitate flow into the lower transfers. I'll match the lowers best I can once I establish exactly where...
This is probably it's finished state. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
This is a windowless piston with no scallops out of the skirt bottom. [ATTACH]
Base numbers are... Squish - .041 Exhaust - 108° After top dead center Transfers - 125° ATDC Intake - 66° Before TDC More later. Stuffs to do.
This is what I'm working on. Since the pic I installed new fuel filter and lines, rebuilt the carburetor, put new bearings and seals on the...
Anyone interested in seeing a hack possibly make a saw slower than it was stock? :rofl: :lol:I dabble in saw hackery and I'd like to see more of...
Us, every year for the last 30.
I'm with you. Two of our three vehicles, no valet is touching. Not that we will ever have that opportunity. Lol.
Most certainly. My wife and love that movie. We laugh our collective buts off every time.
You certainly are blessed with beautiful sky paintings out there.
I know mine wouldn't be. Lol
Got ya. You were replying to me so I made the assumption it was. No worries. Our first camper was aluminum cage construction with aluminum sheets...
Lol. Yep.
So maybe hot rod saw collecting and running isn't as odd as we think... [MEDIA]
You haven't seen the movie the Ringer have you.