This should be the last stretch of oppressive heat of the year. By late next week I’m going to close up the pool before the leaves start dropping....
Shingle oak. You can see the bristled tip indicating red oak family. Overall stature and shape of the crown screams oak too. I've only seen the 2...
I'm still sitting on 4 gallons of bar oil which'll last me a while. What I'm running low on is 2 cycle oil though, and wow! Anybody got any leads...
Yes, all the species from the far east will replace what won't grow here anymore due to all the pests from the far east. Imagine shrubby forests...
With my limited experience, I can say to go for the ones that are deep red and the ripest. I noticed not all bushes are created equal either. The...
One thing to note, not all black gum trees produce berries. Only the female trees do.
Elm yellows, Dutch elm disease, now this. This might be the final nail in the coffin for them. At least we'll still have all those wonderful...
They're more of a southern/Midwestern tree, although they can survive southern New England winters. A coworker of mine has 2 he planted when a...
barns1 On your yard tree, do the branches radiate outward from the trunk at almost perpendicular angles, and the tree have a distinct pyramidal...
The rounds look like elm, the tree looks like black gum. Both are a mother lover to split :)
I'm not too well versed in how specific medications get pushed through the approval process. What I do know for sure is that there's a symbiotic...
This Ryan Hall character has a prediction: The First Winter 2023-24 Predictions I've been following him loosely for about 9 months now, and so...
The plants you have down south are a bit larger from what I can see, but it is fairly common here. The more I look for it around here the more I...
I recently got into this experiment and so far it’s been successful: Pokeweed I haven’t even had so much as a stomach ache from the berries. I let...
I went out to collect autumn olives and ended up picking more arthritis medicine (pokeweed berries) and some wild grapes. The pokeweed will get...
I love hearing stories of multigenerational stewardship.
Not yet, but thanks for the heads up :salute:
You have to do what the attachments say: imagine. Imagine. Imagine.
I accidentally “scored” one black gum log around February 2022. I split it right away, and stacked it top-covered in partial shade. At about the...
Saturday was a good test. I spent 7 hours walking around an amusement park for my 12 year old’s birthday. I woke up yesterday in pain and limping,...