That’s a nice arrangement to have with a creature that was either abandoned or escaped on his own free will. Good to keep a fella like that around :)
According to Wikipedia the autumn foliage smells like cotton candy or burnt brown sugar. That and having mini green banana bunches for seeds...
So everybody knows I’m not busting Mike’s stones about being an app user: Wood Id, please
It IS a Japanese tree. Never saw one in person but I’m familiar with them from the interwebs.
MikeInMa knows this one. Katsura!
All I have to do in preparation of the first fire is to hobble up onto my roof and give the pipe a quick brush. The stacks under my deck have been...
I can get trees started okay, it’s just the critters that have other plans :mad: In my backyard are some red/black oaks and 3 different kinds of...
Another vote for aspen.
Black oak has especially rough bark, even at a young age. The two biggest hints that you’re looking at pin oak are the notably smooth bark, and...
Looking at those metal chips, the machinist in me says your 0.025” chip load was a bit excessive ;) At least aluminum is a little more forgiving...
Last fall Biddleman was kind enough to send me some pawpaw seeds which I planted this spring. In typical “everything planted in Eric’s backyard...
I just dropped another 5” sugar maple in the woods out back and processed it for maple syrup season. Before I even got to splitting I was...
73 and 90% humidity. I think I read that wrong because it feels like 730 degrees and 900% humidity. I’m ready for fall now.
You're a better man than I working firewood in this heat. I saw 96 degrees in the truck about an hour ago. I mowed my lawn at 10am when it was...
So I cooked down the autumn olives and wild grapes, along with 3 Granny Smith apples for extra tartness. Added sugar and pectin and lucked out...
LOL no offense taken. Anything by Steely Dan has that effect on me, and oddly enough I can't stand freebird either. U2, Sting/the Police, and a...
This song never gets old. Not this version, or when Skynyrd did it. But when Shinedown covered it... ;) :whistle: [MEDIA]
Been there, done that. Eventually you reach a point where enough is enough. You have more important battles to fight without needing to wage war...
First time reading anything from there for me too :picard:
Although the article linked was written with an extremely thinly-veiled agenda (as if the name of the publication itself wasn't enough, nor the...