No to gloves unless it's cold or full of sap. I generally manage to stay splinter free unless I'm loading splits in my dump truck and am just...
Mike, I saw that log posted on either craigslist or FB marketplace. I figured it was left by some tree hacks who didn't complete the job or the...
A day without work...what's that? Even on my "easy" days I still like to do some sort of work even if it's just an hour or two so I feel...
That's awesome!
The big ones are always slower to process.
From my experience, oak with a darker center like that has been pin oak
Nice and close!
I was in your state last weekend and it was in the 30’s at 4200’. Everything was brown in Rutland. If not for man made snow, Killington wouldn’t...
Where did I say I was scared?
You keep going back because a good chiropractor makes you realize what it’s like to have full range of motion and be pain free again. I once...
Not much winter to be found in much of the east this year. More days in the 60’s than in the 20’s here in south Jersey
Antarctica just measures their highest temperature ever yesterday. 65 degrees. And here I thought 62 in NJ in early February was warm.
Awesome!
The only time I've split in the dark is when it's humid and pushing close to 100 day after day. I will generally watch a baseball game on tv,...
It was easy. Haha!
I’ve owned my current truck and plow for exactly 4 years today. I plow driveways so 6” or more is around when I get business. I put the plow on...
I was once asked by a member here if I ever found anything besides huge 10+ cord scores. Well today on my way from one building to another (10...
If you can get it, then do it.
Got the logs cut up this afternoon. I have them sitting on runners to minimize contact with the ground. Will cover tomorrow. Not sure when they...
The gum log will laugh at your axe. Unless you can burn it without splitting it, I sure wouldn't waste the time and effort. If you do split by...