Got 4 loads of logs dropped off today. First one was all oak. The next 3 were a mix of cherry and sassafrass. I started on the oak right away.
A hickory on the ground for that long with no punk...very surprising but good for you!
I don't get the whole toilet paper hoarding thing. As a guy, I don't need the stuff very often. If I run out, just plan that part of your day...
This was split all of 60 seconds when I took the picture and was wet to the touch. Maybe if the exterior dried a little, the color would match up...
My guess would be because it's a defense mechanism that isn't needed that high off the ground.
I’m on episode 3 and am failing to see why everyone is talking so much about it. Not sure I even want to finish it
When I check out google images, honey locust seems to be the best fit. I have two logs of it. It wasn’t a very large tree, maybe 16”-18”...
I sell firewood. If this is something premium, it gets set aside because it brings more money. Plus, I like to know what I’m selling.
I was thinking honey locust but I never remember getting my hands on any of it before. I process 100 plus cords of oak most years and I’m almost...
Bark isn’t right
Definitely not red oak
Definitely not chestnut oak
No leaves. Just added a split picture
Wood is pretty darn heavy. No leaves just these two logs. Has a somewhat sweet/whiskey ish odor
I can like all of this except the part about sweet gum...miserable stuff!
It varies greatly species to species but most hardwoods are much more than that especially when green which he’s talking rounds so I’m assuming...
Yesterday’s damage. All but one was 8%
It is very wet We’ve had a soaking rain 3 out of the last 7 days
Just made sure I had every gas can full but we are usually well stocked in all essential areas. I did get concerned about my beer supply but...
This is great weather to be doing working on firewood. Lots of 50’s and 60’s