One of these. I’m sure you’ve seen them around. It’s my understanding the weeping branches are grafted onto a straight trunk for a rootstock but I...
Black cherry out here gets pretty twisty which can get frustrating. The only really bad time I had splitting cherry was some long-dead and...
Bit the bullet and went to TSC for some new front shoes (to the tune of $89/pc :hair:) gave it a quick wash and took it for a spin around the...
brenndatomu nailed it. :handshake: Dirty point contact. Fired right up and ran decent. [MEDIA]
I didn’t even think of that but I just looked it up and yeah it’s got points.
Well, I went out and bought a fresh battery tonight since the one that was in there was over 10 years old and wouldn’t take a charge. I then...
The top surface of the leaves on white is glossy, and on red it's dull. I think red leaves are larger too. I know there are a handful of red...
White mulberry definitely :drool:
Next order of business… stripping the Craftsman down before scrapping it out. This might actually be the start of a build thread in the next year...
Red oak. See the faint light colored radial lines on the end grain? Those are found on all oak species. [ATTACH]
Red maple with some complementary poison ivy.
Those are known as pasture pines and not worth much at all. See how a little ways up the trunk they split into multiple trunks? When they were...
This will see some use mowing too, but what I’m looking forward to is hauling wood up to the house with it. My craftsman lawn tractor did the job...
Time for an incremental upgrade. A coworker had this 1976 Cub Cadet mode 1000 garden tractor. Needs new front tires, a carb cleaning and a general...
Yesterday the governor of Connecticut requested a federal agriculture disaster declaration due to the frost a few days ago. It got down to 33 at...
I’m guessing 6-7 for you, unless we get hit with tornadoes/tropical cyclones. Then all bets are off :)
Only a couple more nights dropping into the upper 40s, then we're solidly into summer weather here. The pool is up, only a few more things to...
Definitely black locust. No experience here growing one from cuttings, but I have 3 planted along my property line that I grew from seeds. I see...
I can relate to the internal battle. See wood, think about how you need to take care of the wood you already have at home first, the devil on your...
I think Brad’s got it with Boxelder AKA Manitoba maple, ash leaf maple. Not something I’d go gaga over trying to score mountains of. I’d rate it...