Very smoky here from the Canadian wildfires. You can smell it in the air and visibility is reduced. I hope we get a good passing shower to purge...
They're definitely site-specific trees. You won't find them in wet bottomlands or in heavy clay soil. They like sandy/rocky soil on dry, warm...
You're getting good at this :yes:
When looking at range maps, I think they're more of a general guideline than an absolute boundary. You never know where an isolated population of...
VERY fragrant, my favorite floral smell actually. It sounds strange but they taste good too. Just like a sweet pea (I was eating the clusters by...
After seeing Chud 's pictures, I'm not convinced. The plot thickens. Rather, we might be seeing aliens :) : Quercus aliena - Wikipedia
Welcome :handshake: I ran a little Home Depot bought Echo CS-370 for my first 9 years :emb: I think you’re doing just fine with that Rancher and...
There’s a reason they call it “programming” :whistle: I pay for it every month but haven’t watched it in years. My wife likes watching corny...
Chestnut/swamp chestnut/swamp white oak leaves look almost indistinguishable from each other. The undersides of swamp white are very light in...
I came across this 48” plow on Craigslist today for $55 and just had to get it. Took a 45 minute drive with my kid tonight to pick it up. It’s...
Just freehand. The outer 2-3” was all punk so I figured I’d zip some off first.
Nope :emb: I may go back, but it’s very low priority at the moment. Too many other non-hoarding activities that take precedence first.
This white oak log about 20’ into the woods has been on my radar. As part of a deal I made with a coworker where he gave me his old Cub Cadet...
As of mid-April I really thought I was done with hoarding until next winter. Pffft! Opportunity after opportunity came, and although I didn’t get...
I'd take that any day of the week, especially if I lived in conifer country.
Almost looks like Chinese chestnut again, but I’m not 100% on that.
Right you are, aerator. Heck, I probably won’t use it for several years, until after I regrade my backyard and replant actual grass (my backyard...
Picked up the mower deck earlier this afternoon and got it mounted just now. I really like how there are no tools required to mount/remove it,...
The last silver maple I got a couple years ago was a huge open grown yard tree and near impossible to split the trunk wood by hand. Some of the...
I kind of forgot about the radishes I planted in between a couple rows of potatoes. I’ve been lucky this year in that the voles/chipmunks haven’t...