Big step forward today. I still need spacer bushings in between the plow mount plates, and to add a linkage between the deck lever and the plow to...
Someone has a sense of humor. When you get to Google Maps, turn on the satellite view. Google Maps
Gotta stop asking so many questions and just keep moving the goalpost Dave. 4 years ago we were told by another prominent person that we had 12...
Here’s an internet picture of an older tractor with the factory plow setup: [ATTACH] Here are the beginnings of what I’m coming up with to mount...
My first thought is do you want to be a farmer for a living, or simply have a piece of the farmer experience, enjoying growing things, raising...
I was checking on some flowering American chestnuts today and came across more bear oak. Shrub sized oaks make shrub sized acorns. I assume...
I came across a humongous pile of pallets leaned up against a dumpster the other day. Buried in there was this one plastic one. I’ve never seen...
I think most folks have a live and let live attitude about people in that community. Nobody really cares what other people do in the privacy of...
Alaska I like Northern New England in general but New Hampshire is my favorite. Berkshire Mountains of Massachusetts, in the fall. Florida...
I actually did suggest meeting him in Northampton Massachusetts if he threw me extra money for gas, but I guess that didn’t appeal to him. Just as...
I’ve got a funny-ish story. I posted this on Craigslist about 3 weeks ago. It’s all the leftover 4” corrugated/perforated drain pipe from my...
The word “woke” naturally arose as the inverse of the long oft-heard, also pejorative “far-right” coined to discredit certain personalities, their...
I was born in 84' but was huge into the 80s BMX bikes in the mid-late 90s. Back then you could pick one up at a garage sale for next to nothing....
I saw last night that there would be heavy rains today so I capped off this stack :whistle: I’m keeping the tractor under it for now until I...
When you live on the windy treeless high plains, I’m sure any wood you’ve got on hand to keep the family warm constitutes “good” firewood :)
According to every resource I’ve seen, white oak has been in decline for decades due to multiple reasons. Red is certainly more prevalent here....
Not yet :emb: I should just go for it next spring rather than more roadside scrounging near my work. There’s probably an entire season’s worth of...
It takes a special kind of dedication to seek out the behemoths like that. Last month I processed the last of a 30” scarlet oak that came down at...
3 or 4+ year old oak is superb. Good dead-of-winter overnight wood, and in small amounts excellent shoulder wood. Ash… at this point I’d rather...
Wayyy overthinking it but here goes :) Any species has their pros and cons when it comes to heating their home. Nevertheless I think most will...