They have a tool called a porta-wrap that can easily prevent stuff like that from happening....... Or you could do a capstan wrap around a hook...
On that note, this thread is history. I appreciate everyone's input, consolation and criticism.
That's a great pic, capetownkg! It was refreshing for us to actually have BOTH appliances going the past two days, it's been unseasonably COLD...
Trust me, I'm over here scratchin' me own noggin, asking the same questions.....
While they may not be ideal, it'll hold up for now. It'll give me time to sonic bath and rebuild the OEM carb when I get a spare moment.....if...
That's awesome, you should probably donate that to....ME..... I'd love to build one someday, or maybe finally break down and buy a Lewis winch...
And I'll also remind you all this.......you can PM anyone you desire here, and talk about ANYTHING you desire here, with out ANY REPERCUSSIONS...
I find it almost comical that you throw these accusations, yet when I kindly try to PM you, you never return my message. You were at the place...
I see a muffler port/retune in your near future, Tim......that will really make that saw growl! Good score buddy!
If it isn't, it will be soon......
A-HAAA! Good point!
Stealth? Heck I want some loud torque-tuned pipes!! :dex::saw::dex::saw:
Actually that wouldn't be too bad of a job, would need rigged out. Maybe a zipline setup for the branches, taken your time and piece it out. I...
:picard: :rofl: :lol:
Sweet.....how long til we can start hitting a shot of nitrous into our felling saws?? A whole new line of aftermarket tapped intakes will hit the...
Elmish.....what part of PA do they live in? Lol
I'd start out by re-tuning it. Run both the H and L screws down, back the L off by 3/4 turn, the H off by 1 turn for baselines. If that don't...
I totally destroyed one of my Stihl 041AV Supers with a willow before. Tree pinched my saw and started to go the wrong way, very slowly.........
It does look like elm to me too.
Does it have an odor? Elm has a unique smell, willow will smell like pizz....lol