What did the rounds with the brown center smell like? Was it especially heavy with tight growth rings? Or if you split it already, was it stringy?...
The plot thickens. It looks like there are 2 separate species there. The ones with the black metal stain inside I'm positive are oak. The others,...
No, you're right it's silver maple. :yes:
If only my great grandfather stopped in Waco he could've bought the entire country of Chile' for 10 cents :rofl: :lol: Funny thing is I've seen...
Pin cherry not worth the trouble? I only ask because I scored a little bit of it this past spring and plan on burning it later this fall.
I agree the bark does resemble young hickory, but I've never seen hickory stump sprout to that extent, and definitely not look that mangled....
Just think how much you'll be laughing at us northerners when it's 5 degrees out up here and you're wearing shorts grabbing your mail.
I saw the picture and immediately recognized Hadrian's Wall, browsed the article and sure enough :picard: This is a borderline ISIS level stunt....
This is too much like work :picard: I started processing today, and blew through half the acorns I collected after and hour and a half. I’ll...
49 and overcast. Having a small ash/cherry fire this morning, and if there’s any merit to the 10 day forecast I’ll be done with burning for the...
You're doing what you have to do to capitalize on the opportunity anyway. What else can you do? I have mixed feelings about that kind of...
Was it always this way, or has there been a surge from gentrification these past 3 years?
That's black birch. If you've never burned any you're in for a treat. The other stuff looks like dead ash or possibly elm
I think ideally you would want it green for smoking. Actually I've heard its best to soak the chips in water prior to using them in the smoker.
Mmmmm. Good stuff. :thumbs: [ATTACH]
This is the one I have too, from big box orange. Haven't used it much since getting so far ahead in inventory, but it does seem to be fairly...
Cool at 44 here. First small fire with ash and Norway maple skinnies.
Gonna smoke a couple chains making firewood out of those poles or put them back in the ground as fence posts for your grandkids to take out when...
Glass blackening problem sounds more like a fuel or burn temperature problem. 2¢
Welcome and nice setup. FYI we try not to discuss politics on here entirely, as there is no shortage of other platforms to do that on. Not to say...