So not be be wishy washy I’ll vote black birch. Mostly for the reasons stated beech usually has some rot issues and hardly ever splits nicely.
Stacking 2018/19 Firewood Bogydave had a cool set up. Alway had great pics as well. It seems he is no longer a member.
Anybody know how to add a link to another thread?
I did try that at first but it filled up fast so there was still a lot of up and down the stairs. Now I fill my trailer wheel it over slide the...
[ATTACH] We have a fairly large black birch in the back yard I keep trying to convince the wife is dead... I would say that they both are welcome...
You need a wood slide![ATTACH]
[ATTACH] Two rows deep 30’ long. I’ll bring wood in and fill a small rack until it gets nasty out. Then I can fill my stove in my slippers for...
Any log truck driver worth his salt can get a truck in a tight place. You would be surprised. They definitely don’t want to go home with the wood...
It is nice looking out the widow at a nice pile of logs... if you do end up getting a grapple delivered I would suggest you have them put at...
Yes of course safety first!
Gotcha thanks.
Do you know how high off the ground they are?
Not to sound like the safety police but I could grind the peened ends off of them if you like. I witnessed a dude get a chunk of metal imbedded in...
I have not tried that particular method out. I’ll have to find my axe and give it a shot.
Woodwhore are you concerned that a log truck won’t be able to get into your yard?
Boiler? Do you use it for domestic hot water as well? im curious because my home is pretty similar in size and pretty much the same climate. I’m...
7-8 cord of wood! What are you heating with and how many sqft are you heating? If you don’t mind me asking.
I had an air lock get clogged on a batch of mead that size. Talk about a mess!
Thayer delivered a grapple load to my neighbor not too long ago.