Dead, almost ready to burn, and clean to boot! Doesn't get much better.
Thanks, much appreciated. Absolutely :handshake:
A cautionary tale about table saw milling: The other day while in the middle of a cut, something went very wrong. The log grabbed, things moved...
Looking good! I suppose now is a great time to get the fuel ready. I have about 3/4 face cord of aspen split small and set aside for 2024 so far....
Coming home late last night it was in the high 50s, which after weeks of high temperatures and humidity felt like fall. It's still quite a ways...
I think any reasonable human being can agree this is sick on so many levels. Let's hope the perpetrators (once convicted) receive a punishment...
Now I REALLY like that idea :handshake: The last thing I want to do is discourage him from being... him, in this case.
That's exactly why I encourage his woods time as much as I can. He and the neighbor's kids spend hours out there at a time all year round. They...
My first experience dropping trees with a hatchet was at 11 or 12 too. Being the son of a single mom with an absentee father, I was tasked with...
He had already given me an ample face cut, so I was kind of committed at that point as to which direction to aim it :) One quick back cut and down...
I went on 2nd shift a few weeks back. It’s nice in the summer time to spend the best part of the day with my kids. Unfortunately I’m not around...
Looked what popped up in the woods almost 2 years after I buried it. A tiny swamp white oak :banana: Small miracle considering I buried hundreds...
Hickree?
My thoughts exactly. I’m assuming it’s a backstop for chootin’ but what do I know?
I’m not even a huge fan of pine myself but that video showing all those roadside piles had me almost drooling :drool:
You know me, things like this drive me nuts :loco: :crazy: I knew right away it was a hybrid in the white oak family, and knew there are only 2...
Oaks are promiscuous LOL. I came across 2 of these tonight. It’s a hybrid between white and chestnut oak. The bark looks more or less like white...
The 3 cords of firewood got CSS'd. The roof is almost done on the woodshed (just need to finish installing the drip edge and lastly to put the...
Wintertime metalcuttr will be thanking summertime metalcuttr big time when it comes time to light some fires :thumbs:
You’re on a roll Brad. I have a feeling we’ll all be up to our eyeballs in beech within the next few years, due to this new leaf disease. Lots of...