I've only gotten boxelder a couple times, and the first time I also thought it was ash at first. When I didn't see any EAB damage though, I did...
If dismemberment is the act of cutting off one's limbs, why does "accidental death and dismemberment" in insurance terms not equate to...
I only mention Doug fir because that's THE standard dimensional lumber species for buildings and homes across America. It's a humongous cash...
Another vote for boxelder. The bark on boxelder and even the leaves and branching pattern resembles ash. The center pith is the giveaway though....
Do you think if it were Douglas Firs or oaks they’d find a way to make it priority? I look at the ash story and the anemic response to that...
“No funding…” Can’t talk about that :zip: Can’t talk about the half dozen reasons why our North American ecosystems are under threat of extinction...
If you guys aren’t ready for the F word or the A word we can call it “the great chlorophyll release of 2023” ;) Just like in March when I notice...
Let’s hold him accountable come March-April 2024. We’ll see how he does. IMO he’s more on point than the weather channel, or at least explains the...
River birch!
At that young age it's very hard to tell red/silver and sugar apart just by looking at the bark. Do you have any leaf pictures?
That's exactly what I would be doing if it were me. Just have to keep in mind sunlight/water/soil requirements for specific trees when you're...
That looks more like something in the red oak family. Based on the smooth bark and lots of knots/lateral branches I’d venture to guess pin oak, a...
Looks like HL to me.
I made a last minute decision sometime back in June when I was cooking a store-bought butternut squash at dinner. I tossed a couple seeds into...
Its fun letting a couple rogue tomato plants grow each year just to see what I end up with. These are a weird hybrid between a yellow pear and…...
No shame in that. Get it processed asap and it’ll definitely be good to burn by spring (maybe late winter) :yes:
As fast as native cottonwoods grow, it’s almost scary how fast they claim these hybrids mature.
Stuff is light and cuts stupid fast so I'm sure your sawmill guy would have a ball with it. I'll bet it's fine for building non load-bearing walls...
Yeah a lot of people call it poplar, which is fitting because it's in the populus family alongside cottonwood. In Michigan they call it popple. I...
That be aspen Joe, looks like bigtooth aspen to me based on the leaf. Burns hot and fast.