Wolf maple tree that the forest has been closing in on for decades. Despite the huge split in the trunk and having a completely hollow base, it’s...
When my stepdaughter was little she randomly started singing this jingle while we were in the car one day :rofl: :lol:
You sure you can’t expedite the drop? I’m starting to get chest pains from all this salty, buttery popcorn I’ve been scarfing down over here ;)
Here’s a typical young shoot: [ATTACH]
The young trees have smooth bark getting more furrowed with age. In a way they remind me a lot of aspen; the further up the tree you go, the...
I’ve already made arrangements with one of my sawmill-owning friends for when this one gives up the ghost. That large canker on the trunk will...
Yesterday I pulled over to let mama cross and she stopped in the middle of the road, anxiously looking behind her. About 10 seconds later the fawn...
Always happy to hear a good story like that, thanks for sharing Joe. I have similar memories of a guy from Ecuador I worked with. You couldn’t say...
Brad Brad Brad. I don’t think it’s hyperbole to suggest that your truck has probably moved more black locust in the past 4 years than anyone...
Yeah there's no way you seized the piston in the cylinder by pulling the cord. Even if you were pulling like a madman with straight gas in it that...
Looks great. Must be a great feeling to see the shed filling up fast after all the hard work you put into it.
Beech, black birch and what looks to be black oak? Good deal :thumbs:
Aspen/poplar, firewood wise on par with the closely related cottonwood tree. I believe that particular tree is white poplar, an invasive from Europe.
'If you want it you will pay and get all the wood..." And the decades of nails driven into the tree, and the huge mound of dirt inside the mostly...
Haha yeah I get it. If I was a seller I wouldn't want to clown around with oddball scraps like this either. But since I have a strange fetish for...
What’s better than Dead n’ Down oak? Dead n’ Down white oak bucked and stacked roadside for the taking. I spotted this and quickly pulled over....
I found that if I want to beat the squirrels to them (before they open up) harvest in late September and let them finish ripening indoors, inside...
From where you took that picture behind those chairs, I swear it looks like you photoshopped a miniature version of your wife into the frame...
Yikes. That's one heck of a swing :picard:
Learned something new today: Cephalanthus occidentalis - Wikipedia [ATTACH] [ATTACH]