I was thinking to take a camping wire saw and wrap it around the log once. A quick back and forth and there is a scribe mark in the bark all...
Here are a few pictures from the other night. A local microburst hit about a one square mile. Just up about a mile from us. 85 mph winds from...
Exactly on the density. I wasn't sure if it was a soft spot. Checking crossed my mind. I'll be looking forward to what you decide to make with...
So what is your plan with these? Did you cut more slabs out of them or just in half? How was the density between the trunks? I'd be struggling...
I agree. If it has age I leave it and put it up to display. I was at a antique market a few weeks ago. A dealer had a few plumb axe heads that...
No problem. :yes: I never heard of them so I had to look it up.
How about this? Kelly Axe Mfg. Co.
Enjoy the time and safe travels to ya.
We are good here. Plow trucks are being used to push trees off the road a few miles from here. My neighbor was in the next town up and there...
The next town north of us had a microburst or small tornado. Trees and wires down. 1 house struck by lightning. We are out of it now. All the...
Southern NH/MA border getting spanked. Lot of lighting strikes on the radar.
We are under the gun for the next hour. We need rain, but this looks pretty bad.
Around here liability is the hurdle. Power line trimming crews will leave wood stacked neatly at the side of the road for anyone to stop and...
That was awesome to watch. If that doesn't say "America", I don't know what does.
This orb weaver was in my neighbors tomato plants a few years ago. [ATTACH]
I let the hedges get thick next to the walk, that helps too.
We are in the orange (severe) section in the north east corner of MA. [ATTACH]
Spider webs across the walkway at home tend to keep my MIL out.:D
The lack of rain is not helping with the pollen conditions either.
It is tough right now. Trees are dropping small clusters of leaves all over. Leaves on smaller shrubs are looking stressed. I gave up on the...