Trust me, come early and stay the whole time. Very much worth it. We had a ball, both in the woods and 'round the firepit at night.
We're all glad you're back, and I was super glad to have finally met up with you this past weekend. I know I speak for many when I say we had a...
Looks like Apple to me. Best smelling firewood (when burning) on the planet, IMHO.
Yep....ice axes. Very cool!
Pine puts out lots of heat, just needs reloaded more often. Lots of members here burn pine exclusively due to the geographic of where they live,...
Is that my tailgate in the pic?? :picard: :rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:
Trust me, if I was feeling any worse I wouldn't have climbed. I know my limits, I was close. My biggest problem was getting rehydrated......if...
I do that too. I box up my "splitter slivers" and it goes into storage with th cedar. Never a shortage of firestarters here..
Yep, I use it. I deliberately save arborvitae (cedar) for this reason. I split it into 1" thick by 12" long 'boards' with the splitter and stack...
I can tell you it'll be a LONG time til I'm in the mood for that schiznit again.......WOW. I had to wake up the next morning and climb big trees....
When the tree suffers severe wind, the trunk can twist and turn in the winds, and in some species (I see it alot in big oak and ash), the wood in...
You have to admit, brenndatomu, that is a classic....lmao!
Unless you're Canadian, eh? Just kidding, my Canadian brothers and sisters!)
Sweet saw, I bet if you did a muffler mod and tune on that little bugger, it'd surprise ya what it could do!
We're still being overnighters here in central PA. Usually have to do so until mid-May. I love the fires but I'm also ready for a seasonal...
White oak is one of my faves as well. Only time I ever take down a healthy tree is during a removal, even then I try and talk the homeowner out...
We were all through the woods at Backwoods Savage 's place in mid-Michigan this past weekend and I didn't notice a tick. But you walk 10ft off of...
Man, here I am, still buzzing from our trip to Backwoods Savage 's place and I'm already looking forward to the end of May!! Gonna be a howling...
Something similar happened back in the day after WW1 here in PA, where a daredevil flew a biplane under the span of the Kinzua Bridge. At the...
I'm humbled.... I may have started it, but all you guys make it a home!!