Love love love the smell of fresh cherry!
Put in another 5 hours today bringing me up to right around 17 hours total. With the help of his equipment, his guys, and a neighbor, I have...
I probably go through at least 20 gallons of bar oil a year. If I saved only $5 a gallon, that’s $100. The last time I bought a 24” bar for my...
I’m seeing a lot of cherry and one small tree of something else. I would jump all over that cherry.
Wind should die down and after watching the news when I got home, I underestimated the wind, we were close to 50 mph
He will have 2 guys and the skid steer there all day tomorrow.
But things changed big time today! I hired a kid to load but the property owner drops off two of his guys- Mexicans and tells them to move...
I get what you guys are saying and I agree if the rounds are really big. However these guys are small ish so I consider it a workout
I’ve cut 100 year old oaks and nothing close to that size. Wouldn’t be surprised if that’s closer to the 150-200 year range
Any ole bar oil will do the trick. No need to spend top dollar.
Way more time involved compared to just cutting, loading by hand, and hauling out. Loaded that truck in 35 minutes
Red oak and some sort of maple- probably silver...did it have 2-3 large stems coming from the origins stump?
Oh I will it’s not like there’s 100 cords in these woods
Yes
So I put in about 3 hours and 45 minutes today so I have 5.5 hours in so far. Here is load number one. It’s a full two cords. I have a total of...
He’s looking to start popping stumps and leveling the ground real soon so probably not but he did drop off his skid steer this afternoon and...
Would need to be heavy duty and I would have to be able to unload them with the tractor forks.
It’s 5 minutes from my house and about 12-15 minutes from my moms farm where I process and sell from.
He will have a skid steer on site starting Thursday but my truck isn’t really set up to haul large loads of logs. I don’t know, maybe I will cut...
Not really but that’s ok. It’s ultimately quicker to cut right where it is