I hate it. Always have. BUT the wedges on the 6 way are more like a bunch of knives and it does a really good job with it considering it’s gum. I...
It was dropped off.
There is a little of that in there but most of the bigger blocks of wood are it’s close relative
Yeah at this rate I’m thinking 200-225 cords
Summer is when I do most of my cutting
Anyone figure it out yet?
Thanks!
Oh I know. It’s coming
I did a little rough estimate of what I have so far and I come up with 115-120 cords cut and split with another 60 cords of logs on the property....
I know the southern guys have already dealt with the warmer air but today was my first uncomfortable day cutting and it wasn’t even that bad.
No words just pictures. Those who know, know.
I split the stump piece and it split horribly
I’ve asked him some ID’s before and not to sound high and mighty but I know tree ID better than him
Here’s the thing with it being or not being tree of heaven - everyone says it’s absolute junk wood but this stuff is heavy and dense. I am pretty...
Nah. I’ve cut some of that before
Walnut comes to mind first
I agree that it looks very much like that but I’ve always read that was terrible firewood. This didn’t cut like poor grade softwoods and is really...
It had an earthy smell
Finally got around to splitting it. Splits very easy and is light in color throughout
This stuff is heavy and bark is much smoother