Hmmm, hadn't thought of that. Might be worth a shot on one of these daytime loads.
-3 or -4 this am (couldn't quite make out the reading.....it's an old school thermo). 68 IAT, so I did the usual coal push and pull, then loaded 5...
An awful lot of us have had issues learning about needing dry firewood............I'm in that group.
Yeah Ray, ya' might wanna' check. Make sure there's 2 tickets and your name is on one. :rofl: :lol:
That's cool Ray! Have fun on da cruze. :thumbs::dancer:
Best clue the wood isn't really dry.
Hey Latitude59 , welcome aboard! Any chance you can get hold of some Birch, like bogydave ?
Also, remember to split the wood and take your reading on the fresh face. And that amount of time would be..........? Only asking because newer...
Grain pattern could be Oak or SM.....heck, I dunno. I don't run across Sugar much.
Hmmm, I'm lost........again. :picard:
Yep.....choocherize it.
OAT is up to about 13, and the house temp actually went UP to 75. DV is still on 1, and the 30 is working off residual heat from those 3 Oak...
Split it open and get another pic, then take a sniff. Kinda like a scratch and sniff. If it's Oak, you'll know.
Oak?
Looks like about 1.3-1.5 cords?
WOOHOO!
Got up at 7 again, then went back to bed until 8:30. Forecast low of 8, but OAT was -3 both times. SNAFU, eh? The house was 68 with the stove full...
I think you just broke the internet.:rofl: :lol: