Lots of good usable wood in those big chunks. You're def. between a rock and a hard place. Hopefully, it'll still be there next week.
Boy oh boy........wut wus I thinkin'? :rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol: Good catch.:picard:
Right around freezing this am. A few small splits of Oak in the 30 should get us through until about dinnertime, with a forecast high of 37.
I found a small area of snow packed down by the woodstacks, where it looked like something had laid down for a few minutes, and right in the...
Pine, Poplar, Spruce, and Red Maple, if the splits are short.
That's Casper. He's my shadow, and undoubtedly, the best dog we've had.
Oak, I think that one's a Pin. I have a very few small Beech in the back of the property, though.
Did some more yesterday and today, with just a little left that's stuck in the snow. With the temps in the mid to upper 30's, the snow is melting...
So, which one of you moved?
I can get a nice overnight burn with Red Maple, just like Oak, but it can dry in 1/3 the time. However, it does burn a bit differently. Hard to...
Yep. No need to check this stuff, except out of curiosity. It's getting burned no matter what. I can mix it with Maple if I really need to. This...
So, just started another small Oak fire, and what do I see? Yep, sizzle fo shizzle. [ATTACH]
Cool. Good idea on the month/year thing, but I know what types of wood are out there and where each is, so I can do w/o that part. If I were fully...
It's always a struggle to keep the pounds off once they're gone. Good on ya' for keeping at it zap.
Could be I'm mis-remembering the amount of time they've been css.:picard: Maybe I should put dates on the stacks, like bogy does.
Yep, it's a great feeling seeing all that future firewood sitting there. Now, get at it!:dex::)
Yeah, I thought for sure it'd be great to burn by now. It only sizzles for a short time, though. Are your stacks under cover at all times? I leave...
You could pull down 1, 2 or more logs and cut away. Sometimes more than the one(s) you want come down too, but just stand out of the way. They'll...
Man, that's cold. Coldest I remember was a windchill of -53.
Yep, you should have that done by this weekend...........:whistle::dex: