We have a similar calculator here in the resources section. Welcome to the FHC Nord :handshake:
Yup. On Labor day I set a goal to scrounge 12 cords by years end. Im around seven as of today. Have a couple good ones that I need to move on...
Can I use that as a future thread title? :D
Just found this on FBM for $2000. 28" logs but don't know it they're worth $2000 Log into Facebook
Bark sorta looks like pignut hickory, but the end cuts look like either black walnut or elm. If it smells like iodine its BW. Split a few a post...
The log pictured is silver maple. A lot softer than sugar hence the fast milling.
Its the same here. Cant say I've seen a silver maple "in the wild"
Yes very wet. I remember cutting some in May and six months later it was ready. The stack was in back and didn't get sun. Having access to...
Yup six months even in unideal conditions. Stuff dries FAST!
Gotta post that in chain saw pics thread too.
April of 2026?
buzz-saw lives right around the corner but getting it there would be the problem. Hard enough for me just to safely pry it off there. The...
Nice find. Go get that wood! :tree: Found something similar on FBM recently but the wood was 2-3 years old and half hour away. Not really...
Yeah they're a dime a dozen around here. I have noodled them I the past to make pretty "splits". Some dense wood with great btu's. You ever...
Happy Birthday T.Jeff Veal :salute:
Have you tried to do any smoking with any type of wood?
Looks like you won the hoarding election. Nice find and connection. Always extra sweet to score that rare scrounge. My research and have been...
On the way home Sunday something possessed me get off the exit before mine and take the back roads home. I then passed this. Sugar maple,...
The maple splits topped off a half cord stack of sugar maple from my score last week.[ATTACH]
It wasn't and again I was surprised. I'm thinking it will be within the relm of probabilities now! :doh: If its Goldilocks sized and straight...