I know I said a grand per log but I'm thinking that guy might be starting to get sick of seeing them, possibly considering cutting you a deal......
Yeah I'm a member, mostly to document all the surviving American chestnuts I find. That site/app is for documenting everything from fungi, to...
This is a screenshot of Connecticut from the iNaturalist app I use. All the red dots are places where it's been reported by app users. No doubt...
That's good. It's not everywhere.... yet. Bristol seems to be in the beginning stages of it. Plenty of trees still healthy there. Middletown is in...
Say, do you happen to have an 8-legged horse we don't know about, Joe? ;)
No shame in admitting it's outside of your wheelhouse. If you're confident what you burned was dry, and you didn't have a lot of low-burning...
Without knowing for sure how dry the red oak was, I'd prefer to give it a quick sweep myself. If you have no aversion to climbing up there and...
First I’m hearing of this. Had to go back through and saw the news in the Thoughts and Prayers thread from a couple weeks ago. Sorry for your loss...
Now it’s a “cedar pine” Keep trying buddy! :rofl: :lol: 30' Dead Cedar Pine - FREE Wood 30' Dead Cedar Pine - FREE Wood - free stuff - craigslist
Sorry to hear Dave and thanks for the heads up. I’m definitely guilty of not being more diligent when I’m outdoors.
They do look like they’d make nice mill logs. Sounds like the guy would want a grand a piece for them as they are, buried in weeds :picard:
^ Now there’s a simple solution with no digging required. Build a box and butt it up against the house. If it goes up and down it doesn’t matter....
Great wood at a great price and a great gesture helping an elderly friend. Score!
Posts like that should not be floating on a driveway, going up and down with the freeze/thaw cycles. They should be sitting on concrete piers that...
Yep, got a couple buckets of them myself for this fall. Waste not, want not.
I figured it was getting close to lumber cutoff time with you. The other evening it was chilly in CT so VT had to be almost burning weather.
One of my previous jobs I had to work from blueprints that were always in metric. It comes as second nature to me now how much something is in...