I can get trees started okay, it’s just the critters that have other plans :mad: In my backyard are some red/black oaks and 3 different kinds of...
Another vote for aspen.
Black oak has especially rough bark, even at a young age. The two biggest hints that you’re looking at pin oak are the notably smooth bark, and...
Looking at those metal chips, the machinist in me says your 0.025” chip load was a bit excessive ;) At least aluminum is a little more forgiving...
Last fall Biddleman was kind enough to send me some pawpaw seeds which I planted this spring. In typical “everything planted in Eric’s backyard...
I just dropped another 5” sugar maple in the woods out back and processed it for maple syrup season. Before I even got to splitting I was...
73 and 90% humidity. I think I read that wrong because it feels like 730 degrees and 900% humidity. I’m ready for fall now.
You're a better man than I working firewood in this heat. I saw 96 degrees in the truck about an hour ago. I mowed my lawn at 10am when it was...
So I cooked down the autumn olives and wild grapes, along with 3 Granny Smith apples for extra tartness. Added sugar and pectin and lucked out...
LOL no offense taken. Anything by Steely Dan has that effect on me, and oddly enough I can't stand freebird either. U2, Sting/the Police, and a...
This song never gets old. Not this version, or when Skynyrd did it. But when Shinedown covered it... ;) :whistle: [MEDIA]
Been there, done that. Eventually you reach a point where enough is enough. You have more important battles to fight without needing to wage war...
First time reading anything from there for me too :picard:
Although the article linked was written with an extremely thinly-veiled agenda (as if the name of the publication itself wasn't enough, nor the...
This should be the last stretch of oppressive heat of the year. By late next week I’m going to close up the pool before the leaves start dropping....
Shingle oak. You can see the bristled tip indicating red oak family. Overall stature and shape of the crown screams oak too. I've only seen the 2...
I'm still sitting on 4 gallons of bar oil which'll last me a while. What I'm running low on is 2 cycle oil though, and wow! Anybody got any leads...
Yes, all the species from the far east will replace what won't grow here anymore due to all the pests from the far east. Imagine shrubby forests...
With my limited experience, I can say to go for the ones that are deep red and the ripest. I noticed not all bushes are created equal either. The...
One thing to note, not all black gum trees produce berries. Only the female trees do.