Those ash can’t be too far gone (at least not the one that still has the small twigs in the dead crown)
Excellent score on the power equipment. FWIW that’s Siberian elm, which I have no experience burning. However, based on your location I think it...
Pretty straight grain for cherry! Most of the ones I scrounge are twisted and don't stack for _____. :hair:
No, not elections. A different kind of pest. Cicadas! Two separate broods will be emerging, which is kind of a rare thing. The last time it...
^ Veritas.
That day I was running the Poulan w/18" bar my neighbor gave me, mostly because I had a brand new chain on it. I should sell that saw as it has...
I noticed it runs best in the cold. IIRC I richened it up a bit since getting it from you, which helped a little. It pretty much took the place of...
Perfect tool for this small job. Your old saw has been getting plenty of use lately. I think it and I have come to a mutual understanding. As long...
Yeah big time. Raging torrent barreling down the hill this morning. The low-lying, flat sections of town got flooded badly too.
The water was up to my knees as I carried my kid across the street to the bus this morning. :hair:
A little more bigtooth aspen tonight. The lower section of the trunk was rotted so in the woods it stays. Maybe about 2-3 shoulder season fires...
That's not a half-bad idea. How's Chuck for a name? :)
2 years later and I’m still playing in the mud back here. I got all my stacks moved to one side of the yard and now I have a clear shot to divert...
Couldn’t agree more. This all or nothing type of discourse is counterproductive. If you aren’t seething with distrust for the government you’re a...
The going trend in many fields these past few years has been to shut down any debate and demonize/assign ulterior motives to any dissenters. That...
Flash flood warning. I would say that’s correct. [ATTACH] The picture doesn’t do it justice. This is my kid’s bus stop. I carried him across the...
When you rock your chain is another perfect instance where having a grinder is slick. Of course you could always rough it in with a dremel before...
I've gotten... decent at it. Since there's flex in everything, and how hard you pull the chain up against the stop as you clamp it into position...
What I like my sharpener for is those oddball times when the teeth get super hard, and the file skips off of them. Since my my grinder isn't kept...
Populus genus, Aspen specifically (which is commonly called poplar) It could be white poplar, but IIRC the furrows in white poplar are distinctly...