Exactly. I was trying to be ambiguous about the two schools of thought without explicitly going there. Per our various PMs I think you know where...
Man I could tell you some stories of what goes on but someone would turn me in and my house would get torched to the ground… You can’t mess around...
The company I work for used to have 6 separate facilities in my state 35 years ago. They’re now down to 2, and one of them keeps getting slowly...
Zucchini?
Back to the topic at hand though, I hope negotiations go well for all parties involved and things get back to business as usual. It's no fun for...
35 years ago everybody was partying on the job, union or otherwise :rofl: :lol: Heck, 17 years ago I was pounding beers and chain smoking in the...
If every job was like that, there would be a lot of people barely making minimum wage :whistle: I don't know if all union companies are like...
Like you said, everybody is benefitting in a roundabout sort of way from collective bargaining. At my last non-union job there was a mass exodus...
You don't have to give me the pro-union sales pitch. I'm a union member myself. I just have yet to hear a good reasonable explanation for why it's...
I have to ask and realize this is not meant to be inflammatory: What is wrong with leaving it up to the individual whether or not to join a...
Yeah that's way over the top IMO. If they want a 4 day workweek they should be prepared to accept a 4 day paycheck. They get paid by the hour...
They're going to have to cave on pensions at the bare minimum. That's what happened at my job in 2016. They negotiated good raises and decent...
We need any army of whistleblowers all over the higher education system to expose everything that contributes to tuition being 847 quadrillion...
That's the game. Everybody pays more, but the lower you are on the totem pole the more you feel the pinch.
Are you going to save a stove load's worth as a keepsake?
That's exactly it, which is why I can't fault the unions for pushing to get better wages for their members. Inflation would almost be irrelevant...
Everybody not in the upper echelon is. I went to the scrapyard in July for the first time in years and the line was out into the street. Everybody...
Some more figures: The UAW is pushing for 36% wage increases over the next 4 years. Google says there are 57,000 union employees at Ford....
While I don't disagree in the slightest about corporate greed, I would like to point out another way to look at that 12 million dollar raise as it...
It's unfortunate how the buying power of the dollar has diminished so much over the decades. I don't see that trend ever reversing though.