I'd try what he ground, I guess. See if you like it. If so, you can duplicate his angles, and after 3 or 4 filings, he can square them back up for...
I'd try and get the cutter straight up and down. Not leaning so much forward like the ones your dealer ground. Hard to tell from pics tho...they...
I hear ya. Once in awhile I stay up late. Just not tired
Wasn't sure which V it was. Mike Lee mentioned the straight ones being his favorite
See if he can get double bevel with the filing lines straight across, instead of on an angle
Hard to come by. If you do a search for them, not many sources come up
Poplar is softer than pine I believe
I'm good. Just watched a movie
I think those are better yet. Viiala
Wrong again...this is Jake [ATTACH]
Grinch Davis
This is Griffey [ATTACH]
You must have heavier trees. This thing's only 1.5" diameter 10' up lol
This is just about 5' down from the top. Just enough to keep it standing if the dogs run into it. The 120# black lab doesn't really feel anything...
8x8x12' long is about $30
Yep. Without fail. Every year. #6lbtestftw
I'm good. Filled my diesel heaters twice and worked on saws in the garage all day.
I didn't measure compression yet. I had to take .055" out of the band and .075" off the crown of a bb372 piston to get it in there. That 055 out...
17' here [ATTACH]
Headed inside. Did some shortening on the 372 bb piston and reassembled the 7900. It runs, but too dark to cut. Tomorrow.....