I know I try not to brag how good we have it here in the land shaped like a hand. Wouldn't want all you poor primo firewood deprived horders...
Not at all as smooth as the 361.
Your lucky round here I usually end up cutting out of a slash pile after the skidders have been in the woods.
HDRock I don't blame you for passing on the cottonwood. I'm like you up to my eyebrows in ash and other primo BTU's and not enough time to mess...
Tulip poplar and cottonwood are two different members of the same family.
My Da always said: "there's no such thing as free kittens son.":yes:
Nice score! Both the wood and the saw! I dislike cottonwood almost as much as boxelder.
You gonna post up a thread with your impressions? Don't forget the pics.:thumbs:
Sad thing is I haven't been driking. I was half thinking about snatching one up too!
Looks like I caught a bad link. Got excited thought they were on sale.
Looks like the cs 590 is 349.99 at the Homer despot now: ECHO 20 in. 50.2cc Gas Chainsaw CS-490-20 at The Home Depot - Mobile :whistle:
Of course that guy is way better than I ever was. It's been so long since I cut pine I didn't even feel comfortable limbing those pines at...
You might like this one. [MEDIA] That's how the old feller who showed me the ropes taught me to do it.
Wow I can't believe this isn't gone already! GLWS!
Congrats on the nice wood score!
The dolmar 7910 is smooth like butter and as nimble as a big saw can be.:saw:
I believe the direction of pump rotation has to match the direction of engine rotation. I may be wrong though. Maybe Horkn our resident hydro guru...
Dang it now you got me thinkin the chicken wing thang. I'd toss some on the smoker tho.:flipeggs:
They also respond very well to a simple muffler mod: Echo 490 | Firewood Hoarders Club
Those poulan pros are a rock bottom good deal. For me though I'd rather spend just a bit more in the 50cc class and get a echo cs490. Built like...