I drilled the hole prior to baking but made the X-cuts after. I have made other Swedish Candles & x-cut them green, they warp & pinch closed or...
I gave 2 of the 4 to a friend, gave the pictured one to my mother & kept one to burn. The pictured one I cut too low, usually try to stay 2” from...
I cut some Cherry about 2 weeks ago & thought I would make some Swedish Candles from the pieces for next year but... The rounds are 6” - 8” dia....
I like the Stihl hookaroon I have, it was definitely a worthwhile purchase.
Thank you for the clarification.
I was thinking the same thing, just regional lingo being the difference.
Nice haul. Your helper reminds me of my best helper. The best help I get is my 14 year old niece, she has been helping me for a couple years. She...
I have made some as small as 5”- 6” @ 16” long & didn’t have any trouble with them falling over. I use an x-cut on anything under 6” up to 8”....
This pic is actually better, it shows some embers floating & fire strands. The flash was on & I didn’t realize it. [ATTACH]
I just cut mine at firewood length ( 16”) to me. Ash on the left cut this spring, tough to get started. American Elm in the middle, standing...
Looks like American Elm to me.
55 gallon here at the MFA. Somewhere I saw one that said 52 gallon.
I use Grazon Next to spray fence lines where I don’t viney stuff growing. I use it on thistles, Multiflora Rose, poison ivy & all sorts of other...
After I ran out of Itasca I bought some last fall from the NAPA that my friend runs, I also got some winter weight too it was .$23 gallon more....
Well, your on a firewood hoarding site: you saw bar oil & on sale to boot & didn’t purchase any. I don’t believe you didn’t buy any bar oil & are...
I have noticed solid chunks similar to that but only when burning Slippery (Red) Elm, American & Siberian don’t seem to leave those remnants.
I have found that the HL I have stacked outside on pallets fully exposed to the elements :full sun, wind, rain, etc. the powder/boring beetles...
Take all you can get, it may dry in 2 years down in your neighborhood but it takes 3 years to dry up here. Run your bar down the log & use the top...
I really liked the I really liked Itasca bar oil for its tackiness & it was noticeably thicker than other brands I had tried: Stihl, NAPA, FVP &...
Bar oil @ the local MFA in MO was $6.18 gallon or $289 for a 55 gallon drum during their oil sale last month. At the Iowa MFA I was at, gallons...