My iPhone has a separate magnifyer on it that you can use for pictures or you can hit take photo then blow up/zoom to get close ups.
Today I cleaned the flue, stove & installed a new baffle. Mama came home & was cold. So... in went some Cherry & Red Elm. [ATTACH] Apparently...
Semi hollowed out Cherry, from ants. I just knocked the soft stuff out. I am assuming the occasional snap & crackle was some ants combusting. It...
I made a torch out of a Cherry round the other night it burned pretty well. 3/4” hole @ 14” deep then used an 1-1/2 spade bit to drill in...
But it’s so invigorating
Your problem is exactly why I bought a grinder.... or 3.... I was cutting a lot of fence row trees & would inevitably hit wire, nails or staples....
I also move wood from the piles to the porch weekly & then move it into the house as needed so lots of jostling knocks off any remaining hangers...
Yikes!! This is the best price I have seen on Husqvarna oil. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
About 20 drops of rain & some 30-40mph wind gusts. I am down in SW IA, from about I-80 (Central Iowa) north is where the damage started. My son...
No much to say other than how long was I going to be using the oven because she wanted to make some meatloaf & asked if it was safe & I was going...
That’s putting in mildly, I saw some sold up there for about 20k/acre.
Thanks to all who have given me some input on the process. I will continue to try & reinvent the wheel & report back.
^^^^ This is what prompted me to oven dry my rounds in the oven & try to rush things along. Did you cut an intersecting crossway air hole at...
I was making them out of standing dead Elm & they burned great unless the Elm wasn’t dry enough then the sizzled, seeped water around the base &...
I thought about weighing & measuring for moisture content & shrinkage last night after the fizzle out. I should of done that before sticking them...
Even my assistant was less than enthused with the proceedings [ATTACH]
Welp, I believe my initial experiment is a bust. Initial lighting looked good, [ATTACH] [ATTACH] 30 min. in looked good, [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
I’m not sure $1 will cover the shipping. No Cherry trees in NC NEB. ?
I have a Fiskars X27 that looks just like that one, minus the modification. I guess I have will something to do next time it rains.
Here’s some Cherry that was cut 2 weeks ago & just split for the photo. Bark looks the same to me, OP’s heartwood is darker but as suggested the...