Sounds similar to Honey Locust, some of my splits have internal thorns.
Worked up a jag of Cherry, field entrance was getting widened out so I salvaged it from brush pile. [ATTACH]
I separate by species & time of cutting. I separate wood cut in late fall - early spring (October-March), April - Sept. goes in separate...
I got the 5105’s out today & cut up a nice load of Honey Locust. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
No b/c on those saws just saws filled with fuel & oil. I had weights with standard bars & LW bars but seemed to of lost them somehow.
16” - 18” 3/8”on 261 20” - 25” - occasionally 28” on 462
Spend the extra cash & get the 70cc saw, put an 8 pin sprocket on & slap a 20” LW bar on it. If you happen to get a load of larger logs then you...
My folks had this Silver Maple cut down when I was just a youngster. The trunk was about 24’ long, it was pushing 48” dia. @ the base. My dad kept...
Looks willowy to me.
Truth !!!
I will be doing the same whenever I get in tonight. Wind was gusting to 40mph & it was about 40* this morning when I set the auger. I have been...
It burns great, it throws a lot of heat & burns longer than most. In my opinion the older it is the hotter & longer it burns. I have Osage aged...
This ^^^. Good solid, sound & safe advice.
Use it on your driveway, driveway entrance or other areas for snowmelt and/or traction.
That’s a lot of firewood to pitch in one day.
The truck was a freebie, floor boards are rusted out, the mice have taken half of the seat cushion out, no wipers, the vent/wing window in the...
Load of Cherry, roughly 2-1/4 cord [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
I’d move. This truck looks like a Cadillac, Bentley in your case; compared to a lot of vehicles on the road here.
I like the way you think on this & can appreciate how you feel about it. I also feel that you are losing sight of who you are doing for. If your...
I am running mostly Carlton chain now, I was all about Stihl chain & it is good chain but the Carlton is about 1/2 the price & lasts just as long....