Looks like American Elm to me
Yes, they were non-Mtronic from the factory. They traveled about 6k miles to get to me, PHO. They came from a trusted seller overseas. I do have...
The 462 on the right is not Mtronic, the 661 on the left is not Mtonic either, you just need to know where to look or think outside the box...
I believe I read somewhere that Husky was manufacturing their own chain with this stuff.
Well since Oregon bought Carlton out then Blount bought Oregon, one could make the case that Oregon & Carlton are the same chain. That being...
I may have to head to the store for some Preparation-H after seeing pic....
It was allegedly supposed to start raining/snowing last night so I was trying to get everything I had cut picked up. I just backed both trailers...
Anything I can get posts out of I will, 8’ for line posts 9’ for braces 10’ for corners Anything else will most likely be firewood.
Osage can get up to 36” dia. if not larger, it all depends on growing conditions.
Ran a few saws this week working up some Osage [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
Got some Osage out today [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
The only GB bars I have seen are 3/8” x .05” & .058” but maybe a different vendor carries them. You might try looking on Fleabay for a .325”. The...
I like the Tsumura LW bars better than Stihl LW bars, they are better in my opinion. Personally I don’t really care for Stihl bars in general....
The light bars aren’t necessarily flimsy but will get a bit floppy on the nose end if you are cutting a tree that is smaller dia. at least that’s...
Tsumara makes good lightweight bars, I have several of them. I prefer a solid bar for felling & the lightweights for bucking.
I usually just use a small flat file but have used an air sander before. In Osage it’s those little limbs that you don’t see that throws your...
You will like the 462, I have ran a 28” on my 462 but I prefer a 25”. Currently I have a 20” on it with an 8pin sprocket. I prefer to run the 28”...
If you have a NAPA near you the jug on the right is winter weight b/c oil. Part number is on the upper right of the tag. It will be cheaper than...
The Stihl pole saws are good reliable saws. I have one but it’s not adjustable. I will get the number & length off it tomorrow. I am thinking it’s...
The only time I use a different oil is if the temps get down around 20* or less. I have some winter weight for that. I would suspect that at the...