Well if history serves correctly, we usually have active, memorable winters following a "no El Nino" summer....and there's no El Nino this...
Being it's basswood, I'd vote to leave it where it lays for bass and crappie habitat! All good ideas here....
Now there's something you don't see on cars around here.....ROO BARS!! Nice looking ride, Chickenman!
Don't feel bad buddy, with this patio nightmare I'm dealing with, I STILL haven't split any if the wood I've collected since last fall. I'm...
:p:wacky::loco: :crazy::picard:;)
I'm gonna say Box Elder too (Manitoba maple).... Still a good score, split her up, she'll season quick.....
They're very hard to find. My family heirloom poker is the one I use at the fireplace, the "like new" one I found here locally, for 10 bucks....
I like to make the Swedish candles out of standing dead maple rounds. Works very well. Cut the round like a pizza, squeeze a glob of hand...
And the bird schit was red for a 1/4 mile diameter from that tree.....lmao
Mulberry is excellent firewood, albeit the sparks can be overwhelming to a first-time user..... It has, in my opinion, the sweetest scent when...
Cool table, fantastic view! And I'll give a "third" to the statement about how amazing nature is and what fantastic things lie right in front of...
Split a round and give me some close-up of the long grain as well as the end grain .......that should help us see exactly what it is.
I have two of those shovels, as well as two matching pokers. One of the pokers is like brand new, the other has seen heavy use, it has been in...
They're cast steel with a rolled handle (the fat portion).
That's a heck of a deal! They appear to be "NeverBreak" shovels by Union Fork And Hoe, Co., made in the early to mid 1900s. I've seen them go...
You know how I feel about this piece without me even saying a word......this is right up in my wheelhouse!:yes:
Boy seeing that fire going makes me miss those cold winter days!! It'll be here before we know it!
That pic confuses me even more. Doesn't look like ironwood bark but more like locust! But the leaves are all wrong....
I'm leaning towards hophornbeam here, that's a tricky one
Leaf looks alot like ironwood, but also resembles elm........ I'd like to see the bark and/or some wood grain.....;)