I like the poem
I usually keep stuff that is 3” or so and up. Sometimes even a little smaller if it is easy
It varies for me. Last winter I knocked over a large standing dead elm & a larger ash that was still alive. Both were in town and had to go 67...
2 of my dream saws right there, but the timing is terrible!:picard:
This score keeps getting better!! Talked to the lady this morning about cleaning up. She said just get whatever I want out of it and they will...
Really wanted to go get another load off the charred pile this evening but heat & humidity was way too oppressive. Plus I gotta get some chains...
If you all could see the area I live in I think you would be surprised at the amount of quality wood I come up with. And the majority of it is...
The old boy that used to be my boss had a 266xp. That’s what hooked me on good working saws & huskies. That saw is still at the shop & I still...
I’ve got several standing dead ones lined up to get once it starts cooling off a bit
Anybody have a simple idea on cleaning up the little burrs on the drive links after you throw a chain. I’ve thrown more chains with this 562 than...
Yep been seriously thinking about getting a set of them. Funny thing is that hadn’t entered my mind while working this score! :doh:
Yes, hardwoods are kinda rare commodity around here. Especially with this easy of access. I’m always on the lookout for a good score.
I don’t really know about the clean up. Looks like they put it there with a tractor and loader so hopefully they can get rid of the brush the same...
I think maybe it is a little bit. This stuff has also been moved by a tractor and has a little sand in it, so hard to say for sure. But probably is
CAD is highly contagious! I’m looking forward to the weekend because I will get a chance to go back to the pawn shop where I scored my 372:thumbs:
[ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Saturday morning a local gal out for her morning walk flags me down and asks if I want some firewood....
I bought 20 (I think it’s 20) plastic pallets at a shopko store during their close out sale. $5 each. Only used 3 so far for the “floor”in my wood...
Yep, he broke down in tears. Thought it was all over for him. Can’t say I wouldn’t have done the same thing once it was over and had a chance to...
So basically the Stihl equivalent of the Husqvarna auto tune, yes?
Cool story. On my second moose hunt up there my hunting buddy had to stop a grizzly charge. He shot from the hip while backing up. He stumbled in...