Get it split and you’re in good shape
I put a 27” diameter oak cut to 16” on a scale this spring and it came out to 389 pounds. I also cut an oak to 16” that was around 42” diameter,...
That is some heavy stuff that rots quick when left to nature. If it’s up for grabs be prepared for a workout and to get it sooner than later
Do dump runs cost you anything?
There is a place about 10 minutes further than my moms but I didn’t feel like paying. Probably would have cost $60-70
Saw a guy post on Facebook about a pine tree he wanted removed after it came down in a storm so I stopped by and gave him an estimate which he...
As a teacher, I really notice the longer shadows and loss of daylight come mid august. My wife is also a teacher so it’s a sad time of year in...
Looks like it could be red maple, sometimes referred to as swamp maple.
As with most things, you’ll be amazed at how much faster you can do it with enough practice. Good luck with it all. Nothing like processing all...
Routinely run a 24” bar but have a 32” for my Echo 8000 that I rarely use, thankfully.
Nice. My dad was self taught but passed it on to us. There’s not much to processing pigs. Once you get comfortable, 6 of you will be able to...
The holzhausens I built, I needed a ladder. The peak was about 8 feet high
My back aches just thinking about splitting while sitting on a log and leaning forward. I know some of you guys love it but it doesn’t work for...
But what is the moisture at now?
10x15x5 = 750. 180 cubic feet of loose thrown wood is roughly equal to a cord so 750/180= just over 4 cords.
My music taste is all over the place depending on my mood. I listen to most genres minus heavy metal and classical. If I’m working on firewood,...
Definitely not a healthy looking root system
Always happier when I find metal when splitting vs when cutting
Tabernacle here
I see poplar- the splits for sure and I do see a white oak round to the right.