Our cold spell is always late january early February
If I look carefully out the window, i can see orange trees starting to blossom
Stihl +5 here
You gotta work tomorrow, Schultzie?
Yes. Def.
That's where I was going. Just didn't wanna be the doik that mentioned names lol :D:D:rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:
I'm ok. Scrambling among here, helping Tom, ope, chain grinders....had to go mix a drink
At least now you have a variety......
He likes that
The 10° vise tilt you mentioned earlier
One thing about grabby chains...touch sand and they aren't any more. Much faster than going the other way around lol
I'd imagine it would help. Sharper feeds better.
On semi chisel, I've had to go sharper or deeper to get any hook at all. Or lower rakers to get it to cut on its own
Your cutter should look like a ( instead of a C. Hope that helps
Yep. I'd try it over at 50. Make a perfect round on the wheel, and don't sharpen with the side of the wheel. And compare the 2 and see what you think
If 90 is on top, I'm at about 50
On your grinder, 50° is sharper than 40°? Just asking so we know what you mean when you say 40 or 50
I wouldn' worry about the 10° tilt angle until you find #'s that work. It puts a more blunt angle on the point, which lasts longer, and a sharper...
Khntr85 has had some recent success grinding and may be able to post a couple of his pics. He's got some nice looking cutters
Yes , on the chain. Sorry, I was referring to the tilt angle on the grinder. I was trying to establish if straight up is 0° or 90° on his scale.