I simply handed my wife the propane bill & said you can multiply this by 4 or 5 depending on the winter or we can have an abundance of neat &...
That is was my preferred method before I had a grinder. I used a flat file & eyeballed the witness mark and took the tooth back until it was...
I sharpen mine until the teeth start breaking off when cutting. So pretty much down to nothing. I like to get my money’s worth out of them.
The only issues with the rakers using a 2-1 should be making them too aggressive unless the file is in backwards. As Chud & buZZsaw BRAD said you...
If you want to go round electric I would recommend the Tecomec Super Jolly [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] If you want to square ground electric the...
It cuts like warm butter... Well maybe not quite like that. It doesn’t cut to bad, all the embedded soil is what’s hard on the cutters as well as...
I’ll throw my opinion in: The bark doesn’t look like Cherry bark to me the wood color looks similar but I would lean towards some type of Oak. The...
If it smells like cinnamon it’s most likely Slippery (Red) Elm, Siberian elm has a weird smell to it. Everyone’s sniffer is adjusted differently...
My Century is like that, it looks like a raging inferno but 18” flue temps are 600* or less & stove tops around between 500* & 675* depending on...
I called them on my Century stove & that’s what I got told also. Probably not for an extended period, but an hour or so shouldn’t hurt it. My...
If the broken teeth aren’t sequential I wouldn’t worry about them. It’s no different than a skip tooth chain. I have a couple of chains missing a...
I believe it was discussed in a different thread on this forum. My experience with it is that it’s not worth the money & doesn’t seem to have any...
Got any pics of the mystery wood?
I didn’t see or feel any nails, wire staples or lag bolts but it doesn’t mean there aren’t any there. A lot of these looked unused, but some folks...
I wrangled some old hedge posts that I stumbled across in a brush pile on one of the farms my brother rents. Wasn’t to bad loading them except the...
If you aren’t having issues with them I wouldn’t mess with them. If it ain’t broke...
I figure that the bar oil should provide plenty of lube as long as I keep the grooves cleaned out. When my chain gets dull, I remove it, run a...
I have seen them do that also but they generally had a specific machine for doing that, it was a pretty interesting process. I forget how long it...
As far as ash drying out mud, some industries use fly ash to mix with drill cuttings to absorb oil & help thicken them up ( dry them up ) but...
It may have been, I have read where ash was used on dogs to help with ticks. Hogs often got ticks & lice so a bit of ash may have served a purpose...