That sucks, I try routinely walk by my stacks & try to shove them back with my shoulders if I think they are leaning. Stacking a second time is...
More BTU’s from the State Park Load #1 was Shagbark & Ash, the sap is starting to flow in the Hickory’s they took down last week. [ATTACH]...
That’s why we halved & quarter some of ours. My niece couldn’t halve them with the Fiskars but did well quartering them up.
5th load was some Cherry I cut up along the creek. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
4th load was all Oak [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
3rd load was Ash & Oak [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
2nd load today was Ash, Hickory & Oak [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
Splitting got put on the back burner today as the State Park whacked some more trees down. My niece & I got a nice load of Hickory this morning....
I am hopefully going to get estimate tomorrow, two of my nieces are coming out to help with my hoard from the local State Park. I know that even...
I considered cutting the forks off, parting up the trunk & limbing it in the creek but that would of required numerous trips up/down that greasy...
I had three 20’ x 3/8” chains hooked together to get the 2nd pulled up, I had it moving & didn’t want to stop, I was trying to get it up far...
Yes, it is pretty greasy out there. I had the differential locked in pulling it up out of there. that 2nd tree was about 32” @ the base. I broke...
I had couple of Ash trees that were going to end up falling in the creek so I helped them out getting there. I knew the old 300 Farmall wasn’t...
[ATTACH]
Oak wilt is here also, There are several within a few miles of my house, that is why the State Park by me is taking several down. I have a big one...
I did find a couple Oaks today that hadn’t been scrounged. Some of it was sketchy but some of it was pretty good. [ATTACH]
Yes, they have several Oaks & a couple more Ash marked to be taken down. 2 blue dots = needs trimmed blue X = needs taken down Hopefully they...
I was surprised they let the skid steer in there also. I would estimate that by the time I split it up I have between 2 - 2-1/2 cord. Hopefully I...
Welp, there will be no more loads from the State Park until they whack some more trees down. Some fella went in today cut all the trunks out &...