You can't put a price tag on firearms like these, especially with your own memories attached to it. I'd be really proud to own that one myself....
That makes sense considering your shorter burning season and generally not dealing with extended frigid temperatures.
Why do I have a feeling this thread is going to end up down a rat hole eventually? :whistle: My mother gets mild vertigo if she gets up too fast,...
Looks great Dave :thumbs: That's gonna be one sweet setup, all said and done. Nice and close to the house will save you (literally) tons of extra...
That sugar maple throws serious heat Joe. Before my black locust fetish I had a major sweet tooth for sugar maple. I still like it, and plan on...
It's my understanding a Rick is the same as a face cord, being a stack 4' high x 8' long, regardless of split length. Kind of a BS measurement...
Even the small stuff (4-5”) I’ve gotten has a darker core. Another vote for sugar maple on that other log. That other mystree log in the back...
I found it about 20 feet into the woods, covered in brush in a wooded area where the nearest house was over a mile away. I’m guessing someone...
This is funny. A year later to the day I unintentionally did another Sunday drive in the same area and came home with similar things. Today: 2...
Made some pumpkin-acorn bread this morning with some of the first batch of flour. Very tasty :thumbs: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
Now this to me screams hickory/pecan. The other picture from yesterday looks like a 3rd species, and I think buZZsaw BRAD has it right with Catalpa.
I had driven past this strange tree for years not knowing what it was. Today I slowed down to get a better look and saw it was loaded with fruit....
That bean pod looks more like a black locust pod, definitely not catalpa. Maybe Kentucky coffee tree?
You're right, I did notice the independent rear suspension. I'm not familiar enough with these cars to know that's how they came from the factory....
Mazda Miata? More like Mazda Mi Baja. I wonder what kind of frame he put it on? [ATTACH] Edit: banner on the windshield says Mudd Yata
Good possibility. I’ve only gotten small catalpa limb wood before so no first hand experience with the big stuff.
Maybe he thought it would make a good TikTok video :picard:
Tight growth rings, heavy, brown center and an almost urine smell indicates pecan or possibly hickory. I think you did great regardless. As much...
What did the rounds with the brown center smell like? Was it especially heavy with tight growth rings? Or if you split it already, was it stringy?...
The plot thickens. It looks like there are 2 separate species there. The ones with the black metal stain inside I'm positive are oak. The others,...