This project turned into an absolute nightmare about a month ago, when the worthless contractor messed up the 3rd and final pour..... Long story...
There is a mast crop here too.....the trees are absolutely loaded with acorns this year.
I got my fingers crossed that we get a REAL winter here in PA this year. It's been really lame the past few years!!!
Good ta see ya, matey!! Aye!!
Atta boy.....
Mine has a good start for fall, took a selfie 60' up an oak tree a few weeks ago......lol [ATTACH]
I love me some red oak. Usually it's a joy to split too.
Ask my wife.....once I get what I have accumulated the past 10 months split, I'll be over 7 years.....and I've even given a TON of wood away this...
Waste not, want not!
Pretty sure Grizzly Adam has them setup from a provider, let's see what he says... I sent the hat directly from me. They're limited production,...
Plum looks like raw bacon when fresh cut and split. It then seasons to a tannish- salmon color.
The bigger the rounds, the better, IMO. Yes they can be a bear to wrestle around, but man, when you can get 50-60 splits from a single round, why...
You're in good company, brother. Welcome aboard! Now, even though our wives still think we're nuts, you'll still have someone to fall back on in...
It's usually the week of October 13th for us, give or take a few days......
I've seen some good ones, right here in our area!! There's a guy up the mountain (his nickname is "Snotty", no lie) who built a full addition to...
How did I miss this thread??? I've still got the old Keyhole pit, we've been using it hard all summer. It's going to be moved and rebuilt over...
I'd say he has a terrible downdraft in that fireplace!! ;) Welcome to FHC, WoodTurnerinPA! You'll love this place.....we're glad to have ya.
More good BTU's for the stash, Zap!
I'm sitting on an OBSCENE amount of firewood......counting what I have sitting in my processing area yet to split, I'm at around 55-58 cord. As...
I couldn't function without my garden tractor! Congrats!