You know it :) I cut it to lengths last year but almost don't have the heart to burn them. That's the problem I have with "specialty" woods.
Have you ever seen that Mark Wahlberg movie Boogie Nights? The "Dirk Diggler" character was roughly based on Holmes.
There are 3 here about this size. If one of them ever comes down I’m going to be foaming at the mouth to cut it. Of course I took a few berries...
Finally broke into the 30s here for the first time since the late season mid-May frost. House is 60 at the moment. :shiver: Ash and cherry in the...
The math doesn't add up and even if it did I'm not sure I'd drop 350 smackeroos just to hear one chord either.
I was shelling and eating black walnuts earlier today, and I'm snacking on store-bought English walnuts now. The flavor of the English ones are...
This guy's a lunatic: https://www.youtube.com/@ChaseTheHeat I'm pretty sure he's a recovering addict, hence the drive to power through the pain...
I don't know (and maybe I don't want to) But what I've learned around here since April 2020 when I joined was wherever there's an Eric VW lurking,...
I believe he could be referring to John Holmes type movies…. :whistle:
That’s a lot of BTUs :thumbs: I only have maybe a stove’s worth of Holly to try out next year. Fairly rare around here.
Maybe you’re the only old guy here? :whistle: ;) I haven’t watched too many black and white movies. The really old silent films are supposedly...
43/67 mostly ash with a couple kindling sized sticks of chestnut oak on top. [ATTACH]
It just occurred to me that I get an equal amount of satisfaction out of having the first fire of the year as I do the last. I can't think of...
First thing I was reminded of was either TIG welding aluminum or a titanium fire :whistle:
We tried that already. The friendly Canadians killed us with kindness :doh: How U.S. Forces Failed to Conquer Canada 200 Years Ago | HISTORY
With the amount of 3 year old oak I have, this'll probably get the 3 year treatment. I would burn it next year if I absolutely had to though. This...
A little more between yesterday and this morning. I think at the rate I’m bringing it home versus how much I’m burning lately, I’m doing a little...
51/68 ash/oak/cherry mix.
I’m pretty sure that’s Siberian based on the small leaves and dark brown wood.
I dunno. I won’t knock elm as it’s kept my house warm in the dead of winter, but according to the chart honey locust outperforms even the fabled...