Nice grab on the oak and looks like a great time with the kids, the 4 wheelers, and the dog :yes:
Nice job on the sale and I can relate to having primo mixed in with all sorts of random junk wood.
I've often wondered about this myself. Always had a hunch tighter growth rings on the same species meant denser wood and more BTUs.
The aforementioned mill-worthy logs. Not terribly large, but as big as I want them to be for how far I have to drag them out of the woods (about...
Black oak leaves get pretty big too, especially when growing in the shade. [ATTACH]
4 courses so far… kind of tapped out money wise for a bit here after replacing my heating oil tank. I’m going to buy a large tarp to cover the...
The downed tree I cut these from has a larger section further down the trunk I might save for milling. These came from higher up where the main...
Scrounged a couple nice cedar posts today. These will be for the lean-to extension for my splitter on the right side of the shed. I acquired a...
Well I’m glad that’s resolved. I like the new tank. Narrower and taller, taking up less room. Great couple of guys that installed it too....
I can imagine that was one heck of a time to be in the thick of it. After the hair bands became really uncool practically overnight, fresh music...
I don't mind Pearl Jam so much but it's the half dozen or so radio-friendly songs that got so overplayed the past 30+ years that drive me up a...
I didn't get a roof on my shed until spring this year, but I can share my observations on the couple cords that were processed and went in there...
Thanks for linking that article. That was by far one of the most comprehensive pieces I've read on the subject. I knew a little about...
That'll make some nice flooring and those quarter sawn boards are gorgeous too. Are these considered the same lumber product as regular red oak,...
From what I'm seeing not a lot of people are buying new vehicles... or homes, or taking on any major expenses for that matter. Everyone not...
Nice that you picked up on that :handshake: I'm going to build a cabin some day using that ratio for the length, width, height, and roof pitch....
About 15 years ago I was going through a nasty divorce and Hank III got me through it... kind of. Maybe "Stoned and Alone" and "Blue Devil" aren't...
It’s warmed up to 53 and heading to almost 70 later. Currently burning down cherry coals with a chunk of very dry spruce.
Looks like Bradford (callery) pear to me. Very heavy when fresh cut. If it shatters when you split it you’ll know for sure. I liken it to...
Try this. It works from your phone or computer. [ATTACH]