MESQUITE!
Not oak, black or otherwise. It's getting under my skin not knowing what it is though :loco: :crazy:
Being a scrounger taking what I can get, my stuff is nowhere near uniform dimensionally so I end up with fat splits and thinner ones. I never...
A few times yes, some of them can get stringy. Maybe not as bad as elm, but similar to a stubborn batch of white oak.
Every dog I've ever had, I had at least 4-5 names for and they'd answer to all of them. Was it fair to the dog? I dunno, but they understood just...
That's what it's about right there! I always like seeing what fellow members are working on, but it's extra special when the little ones get...
Some people may scoff, but that’ll get the job done. I’ve burned a little cottonwood myself. :thumbs: Nice to have a buddy hook you up when you...
The frass and feeding galleries in the cambium layer just under the bark are a dead ringer for EAB, but that other boring beetle that went deeper...
The last of the lingering oak/maple foliage lit up by the sunset yesterday. Most trees around here are bare by now. [ATTACH]
I was leaning towards black cherry myself, based on that burnt cornflake looking bark. Cut it open and see what’s inside :thumbs:
I have a planned addition to my woodshed and my black locust pile (~1.7 cords) was in the way. My coworker needed dry firewood so I offered him a...
Now it sounds more like a pathological problem than a decent man fallen on bad times. My original empathy is now apathy for his situation. I hope...
The type you currently use with the handles is for lugging wood around, but not really to store it if I'm understanding you correctly. You need...
You didn't think he stacked up all that cash and bought 2 houses by being generous this whole time with his earnings, did you? :picard:I'm solidly...
You mean besides the obligatory shutting the tailgate, giving the load a quick pat and saying "that's not going anywhere" ? Nah ;) Now you've got...
Sounds like the man clearly has financial problems. Being that it's firewood to keep the guy warm, I'd probably take the same course of action....
You know, when I bought and picked up my last handgun, the man behind the counter taking care of my paperwork was an Aussie. His coworker next to...
You know I'm an Echo guy that likes Stihl, but if I'm ever needing another saw, I'd seriously consider getting a Husky chambered in 357 extra pee...
Another 15 minute scrounge at dusk. ~ 8” dead/down/barkless red oak 50’ off the road into the woods. Since space is at a premium, I think I’m...
That's been exactly my experience. The worst cherry I ever burned was a long dead/down tree I cut that was already below 20% MC. It sat in my...