Stringy ash. Monster maul just bounced off it. No splitter at the time. Had to noodle the rounds apart. You're lucky you've only had to cut the...
Nah just lucky! I've been reduced to noodling ash before I had my splitter. It was similar to a stubborn batch of white oak, but not as bad as elm.
I've gotten plenty of stringy ash here before, especially if it's fresh. If they've been dead for a while they get mealy, which takes some of the...
That is all ash, my friend. Dead and down ash can mean dry enough to burn right away, in 2 months, or a year; it's hard to say. Let the MM weigh...
Same here. Take a local population of them out and a new family moves right in to take their place. Unless all the farmers and sportsman shooters...
That's the problem I'm having in Middletown too. I have to do test cuts now before bucking entire downed trees. If the outer punk goes too deep,...
Their gray squirrels are the same as ours though, introduced over there for who-knows-what reason. No wonder it's open season on them there.
"A few fellers on here are next level with their stacks, I ain't one." Proceeds to post a picture of a perfect, stable, and tall stack :) 100% on...
The resurrected log arch looks great Joe. What's this tulip scrounging business you're tangled up in now? Already skidded every dead oak out of 50...
IME black locust burns down pretty well; pretty much the opposite of cherry or black/yellow birch. I've nursed coal beds along for many hours,...
You ever use a slug on one? *I heard* that gets interesting ;)
Try it on an already-established bed of coals (it's hard to get going in a cold stove) then once it's rolling, choke off the air a bit unless you...
Last heaping load of ready-to-burn heading to my uncle’s. Some 3 year old red oak heart wood splits, some 12 month dead ash, and a bunch of 2 year...
Nice loads and great you’re still picking up new clients. Did they find you through Craigslist? I saw your CL ad a few weeks back while I was...
This c0ck rocks! I would listen to a rooster and a washing machine all day over 30 seconds of Linkin Park’s crawling...
Still early in the season here. Maybe 2/3 of a face cord. Mostly ash and cherry with a little oak mixed in.
They do add up, slowly but surely. I think I’m somewhere around 12-13 cords now, maybe? Hard to tell. I brought home a bit recently but then sent...
44 with a projected low of 30. Really nice comfortable November weather :) Still burning ash and cherry here.
Yessir, they smelled pretty too :thumbs: Aunt and uncle were grateful for the firewood. I do at least a day or two of cutting at their place every...
The 22 rounds of red and black oak from Thursday and Friday this week made some top shelf splits, filling out a full Colorado load. This’ll all go...