Mild here at 47 but the wind is making it feel raw. Cherry and ash in the Lopi, with some sassafras skinnies on top. [ATTACH]
Summed up perfectly :handshake:
There’s value standing in defiance in a state where everyone else is marching in lock step and you’re not having any of it. Of course you won’t...
I remember this well... After seeing this I understood fully just how much the locust affliction will push a man to the outer limits of his own...
I know when silver starts to rot, the center will get darker but I can’t ever remember seeing a sunburst pattern like in red. I haven’t cut a heck...
When you see the sunburst pattern of darker colored wood when looking at the end grain, it’s red maple. [ATTACH]
Nice inventory! Nothing wrong with t-posts, especially for the shorter splits. Trying to crib 13" splits wouldn't work out too hot once your pile...
Once you see the con job for what it is, you can let go of the entire "my team is less bad than your team" argument, and set yourself free. Or at...
Got the last of the solid and mostly-solid ash from this one tree. Unfortunately lots of wood left behind from the lower trunk and the top that...
So… California?
My splitter is loaned out for the time being so out came the monster maul this morning. Other than a couple crotchety pieces, they all blew right...
Sorry to hear about the job. Sometimes these things wake us up to even bigger possibilities. That’s how I ended up in Florida years ago. I quit...
In my experience dead ash dries fast. Being on the cusp on dry, it shouldn’t take long. A month from now and it’ll be noticeably drier. You can...
39/68 ash, cherry and one split of red oak. Going to enjoy the next couple days of warmth then start burning in earnest. [ATTACH]
Around Christmas time last year we had an intense cold snap come through and it was -7 when I got up one morning. My saws are stored in a garage...
Thanks for the input. I think once the wheel geometry is dialed in, the way to go would to be turn a wheel in the lathe and send it out for...
Alright, the cat's out of the bag. Out of anywhere in the country, my personal choice is northern New Hampshire. 20 years ago I did a lot of...
Thanks, much appreciated. I may take you up on that offer... There are quite a few online videos on how to use these jigs, and I'm no stranger to...
The chain I rocked yesterday needed a ton of work, and it was already worked pretty well from converting it to square file from round. I ended up...
It was YOU that gave me the idea over a year ago :handshake: Sometimes these things take a while before the ball gets rolling.