23/70 weeping cherry and red oak this morning.
I do have a couple beater chains that I went crazy on the beak with. Fast yes, but wear fast too. I haven't tried it yet but I assume they'd be...
Has anybody experimented with tooth angles in respect to different species? I usually run about 25 degrees as standard operating procedure. I'm...
Au contraire, white pine does a heck of a job burning down hardwood coal beds when they get too deep. Put a couple pieces on the coals, open the...
I can remember the exact moment when I stopped following Tool so closely. Summer 2001, I was building a motor for my Camaro. One particularly hot...
I only work in Middletown, but live 30 miles northwest of there. The name doesn't ring a bell but I don't doubt I've seen him and the bike at some...
I did dodge one bullet from here so far. There’s some imbedded metal in this one ash round from yesterday, which I’m guessing is some kind of...
Murphy’s law is kicking my butt today. These 4 rounds were hard-won. Dulled the chain on the second cut after I saw that my cut placement landed...
Boxelder and silver maple makes 4 and 5 now that I’m thinking of it. Cut in late winter, burn in the fall. Oh yeah, pine and spruce are more 6...
Aspen :salute:
75% of my scrounging is along half a dozen backroads in that area of Middletown, yes. That whole area was hit hard by gypsy moths and there are...
Haha yep I’m cuckoo for going gaga over the stuff nobody else wants to deal with. :wacky: Kind of bummed there wasn’t much good ash down the bank...
One often-overlooked thing we can't have too much of: kindling! How is that kindling cracker working out for you? I like it's simplicity, and that...
That ash is almost too nice for firewood Brad, and cottonwood?!?! There was a time not too long ago when you wouldn't touch it with my saw, truck,...
Love that reference and book ~ Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance :yes:
I went to Burlington once about 15 years ago, to go tour the Magic Hat brewery and do some sightseeing. The whole way up I-91 then I-89 is all...
III is about as edgy as his grandfather was back in his time. [MEDIA]
I spied this dead ash and chestnut oak down this steep bank last week. Being a logistical nightmare, I wasn’t too geeked out about retrieving any...
I choked it down right after the photo. House is still standing for the time being :)
A little bit of ashafras tonight :thumbs: [ATTACH]