My 12 year old and I got outside this afternoon and hand split the rest of the oak, the sassafras, and halved most of the ash rounds. Perfect...
29/68 apple, cherry, oak and a couple white pine chunks.
With it fresh cut it's certainly putting out a strong aroma. It's... a little spicy-citrusy (sassafras) a little vanilla-y (white x chestnut oak)...
I’m no good at the guessing game, but I’ve got to be around a half to 2/3 cord scrounged from the past week or so. Still have some splitting to...
Not yet, but I’ve heard it was fast-drying and burned HOT and fast. I would take some given the opportunity. I’ve only seen a handful of them...
My lettuce and cilantro patches have been in suspended animation for weeks, going through several hard freezes. Somehow they’re still hanging in...
This guy I follow on YouTube: [MEDIA]
Thank you :handshake: I may not do high volume but I earn my keep from time to time, picking away at the stuff nobody else wants :)
Welcome to the forum. You might find this article useful: "To prevent oak wilt, do not wound oaks from April through July" Oak Wilt Management)....
There was one user here who put some kind of additive into his 2 stroke mix that made it smell fruity or something. Apparently they had different...
Lower right corner, black lab. :yes:
That was my first thought as well. Some 2 cycle oils reek, while others smell like a motocross track :)
Looks like a capable tool. You may find people seeking you out to sharpen their blades. I just heard today that Woodmizer is getting rid of their...
Thank you kindly, but I do believe Brad has me beat still, more so when you factor in his age. :handshake: Brad is a ball of energy personified,...
My idea on leaving these whole was so I could roll them up the steep hill. Sounded good in theory anyway. In practice I had one dead log to lift...
Had time to kill and the temperature was perfect for it, so I had a backroad splitting - noodlefest! All processed but one quarter round of the...
8 rounds of sassafras on top makes for a loaded truck pic :thumbs: [ATTACH]
It’s amazing what I can get done when I’m not pressed for time ;) 9 rounds and one 5” thick cookie today. I humped the first 7 up the hill, then...
Green ash was more commonly planted as a landscape tree than white. Usually I see way more white ash (mostly dead) out in natural areas. My...
I believe the bark furrows in green ash are a little more… furrowy than white. Rougher, smaller interlacing bark pattern. That looks like green to me.