I'm in agreement with Brad here. I went to check out an old 041 super 3 years ago and they are heavy to lug around. Worse yet is the power to...
What's the oldest wood you've got stacked Mike, the locust? I have almost 3 cords of red oak that just hit 3 years back in August but I don't...
Haha nope, a coworker friend of mine welded those gussets on for me, and sent me that picture late at night while wearing those patriotic crocs :)...
The one thing I'm leery about is the narrow spacing between these plates. I'd feel a lot better if they were outboard more, so the load would be...
Thank you and yes, I ended up fabricating all the brackets, rods, spacers, etc.
I’ve waited long enough ~ it was time to get the plow mounted on the tractor. Yesterday several snow squalls blew through, which was the...
Nice to be able to work it on your own schedule. It looks fairly straight-grained from here. There are good red maples and bad ones, and that's no...
Nice looking red maples Brad. See that, a few weeks ago you were in a dry spell them BAM! Hitting it hard once again. :thumbs:
On the ones that have been dead a while, the tops and base seem to go bad fast, but there's usually some decent wood to be had from the mid...
8 more main trunk rounds from here today. I cut a few of the smaller limb sections which all turned out to be junk. Not too surprising...
To be fair I think it’s both :loco: :crazy: Oak because it’s great firewood and dead/down is my preferred method of scoring it, and ash because...
I ran the first round through the splitter and began cursing myself out for not knowing what good wood looks like. The next 5 were much, much...
31/68 white oak, cherry, and one large split of ash.
Operation: Ash Salvage continues. I had been eyeing this one on and off all summer. It had been dead for a few years, then on the ground since...
Rain overnight, sunny and dry now at 42/70. Idling along with some white oak and cherry.
[ATTACH]
Although they’re fairly prevalent in this area, it’s not often I score any. I would think pecan would be close to if not right on par with shag. I...
The knotty sections made the splitter struggle a bit but 25 tons of hydraulic pressure prevailed in the end :salute: The straight, knot free...
A coworker friend of mine procured a large Shagbark hickory score up in his area of the state. A tree service had taken the tree down in a woman’s...
Awoke to 22 this morning but it has since warmed up to 32. Another mixed load today with red/white oak, cherry, ash and pine.